Welcome! Here you will find information and documents related to the 2023 Town Plan Adoption. Please feel free to contact the Town Offices if you have any questions.
2023 Town Plan Adoption Process
Planning Commission Process
- The Planning Commission has been diligently working to revise the 2015 Town Plan.
- The Planning Commission presented the Planning Commission Town Plan Draft at a public hearing held on March 28th, 2023 at 7:00PM.
- After the public hearing, the Planning Commission responded to public input and continued to make revisions to the draft 2023 Town Plan.
- Once satisfied with their revisions, the Planning Commission submitted their draft to Two-Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC) and the Selectboard for revision.
- TRORC is an organization assisting the Town with the Town Plan adoption process.
- On May 9th, 2023, the Selectboard received the Selectboard Transmittal Draft from the Planning Commission via TRORC.
- The Selectboard must now review the Selectboard Transmittal Draft and make edits if needed.
- The Selectboard is required to present a Selectboard Town Plan Draft at a fully-warned public hearing.
- The public hearing is scheduled to take place Monday, June 26th at 6:30PM at the Sharon Elementary School Gymnasium.
- The public will receive formal notice at least 15 days’ notice in advance of the Town Plan Public Hearing in accordance with State Statute.
- The Selectboard Town Plan Draft must be made be available to the public on or before June 11th, 2023.
- The Selectboard will hear public comments on the Selectboard Town Plan Draft at the public hearing on June 26th. Alternatively, you may submit comments related to the draft Town Plan in advance via mail, email or by clicking the button below.
2023 Town Plan Documents
Below is the list of documents that will be helpful if you would like to stay informed as we navigate the 2023 Town Plan Adoption Process.
- 2015 Town Plan
- Planning Commission Hearing Draft
- Transmittal Draft Town Plan 2023
- Hearing Maps
- Appendix B Sharon Energy Data
- Planning Commission Report Form
Hard copies of draft plans are available for review at the Town Clerk’s Office.
Large scale maps associated with the Town Plan are on display in the Town Office Conference Room.
If you prefer to have your own printed copy of the Town Plan, you may purchase one through the Town Clerk’s office.