Point of Contact:

Catherine Sartor

Office Hours:

Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 3:30pm or by appt.
Office closed the day before all elections.
Vault research times available by appointment

Currently Serving

Catherine Sartor


The Town Clerk’s office, located in the Sharon Municipal Building on Route 132, is a hub of town activity. Not only does the Town Clerk run Sharon’s elections; this is where you go if you want to look at town records (land, birth, death, marriage, you name it), ask a question about local taxes, license your dog, purchase dump coupons, renew your vehicle registration, or perform any number of other pertinent functions of community life. Many meeting notices are also posted at this office.

Vermont law entrusts the Town Clerk with an extraordinary list of duties, ranging from recording, preserving and certifying public documents to administering oaths of office, working with the listers on tax appeals, presiding over the local elections, issuing marriage licenses, and licensing animals. Town Clerks are also ex-officio notaries public and record all proceedings of town meetings.

The Town Clerk is elected at Town Meeting for a three-year term. The Town of Sharon also has an Assistant Town Clerk, appointed by the Town Clerk. The Town Clerk is an independent official, responsible to the voters.

Voter Information

Vermont General Election Date: November 8th, 2022. The State of Vermont will be mailing all ballots to all registered voters. Return your ballots by mail, drop in the town office ballot box, or bring in to the Sharon Elementary School on election day.

Sharon Residents: Register to vote or check your voter status at Vermont’s My Voter Page:


  • COTT Systems – Online Land Records Search Capability

The Town of Sharon provides online access to land records via COTT SYSTEMS.


  • Currently our land records are indexed back to January 1, 1996 (Book 55 imaged)
  • Images are included back to August of 2012 (Book 90)
  • Anything outside these parameters will need to be researched in our vault.

What about Garbage Service?

  • Sharon is a member of the Greater Upper Valley Solid Waste Management District, which means Sharon residents have access to the Hartford Transfer Station/Recycling Center.
  • In order to access the Hartford Station, you will need to purchase an annual access permit with the Town Clerk’s Office in advance. The annual permit is valid from July 1st – June 30th each year. Download the application here.
  • Hartford Transfer Station Punch cards for garbage disposal are available at the Town Clerk’s Office during the posted offices hours.
  • Sharon residents also have access to the Lebanon, NH Solid Waste and Recycling Facility.  To receive a QR Code, please log in to the Lebanon Landfill website to apply, or the Town Clerk can apply for you in office. Trash disposal punch cards are not available at the town office. 
  • Alternatively, you can arrange for residential services with a local hauler.