- Kevin Gish (Chair) email@example.com
- Mary Gavin (Vice-Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Pfeiffer (Clerk) email@example.com
Meetings of the Selectboard are generally held on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 6:30pm at the Sharon Town Offices, 15 School Street. The public is always welcome, and a public comment period is included at the beginning of every meeting.
Meeting Schedule through March 2023
In preparation for Town Meeting, the Selectboard will be meeting at 6:30PM on the following dates unless otherwise noted.
- Monday, January 9th, 2023 – Special Meeting* (replaces January 2nd)
- Tuesday, January 17th, 2023 – Special Meeting [Update 1/17/23 – CANCELED]
- Monday, January 23rd, 2023 – Special Meeting
- Monday, January 30th, 2023 – Special Meeting
- Monday, February 6th, 2023 – Regular Meeting
- Monday, February 27th, 2023 – Australian Ballot Informational Hearing at 6:00PM and Special Meeting at 6:30PM (replaces February 20th)
- Town Meeting Day – Tuesday March 7th at 9:00AM
- Wednesday, March 8th, 2023 – Organizational Meeting
- Monday, March 20th, 2023 – Regular Meeting
*Fully remote meeting per Act 78
Phone: (802) 763-8268 ext. 4
E-mail address: Selectboard@Sharonvt.net
Fax: (802) 763-7392
The Selectboard Office is located in the Town Offices at 15 School Street.
The Selectboard is at the center of town government in Vermont. Sharon’s three-member Selectboard is elected by the voters at Town Meeting for staggered terms of three years. The Board rotates chair, vice-chair, and clerk responsibilities on an annual basis commencing in March.
The Selectboard is responsible for the general supervision of town affairs. It has a number of functions including the following: legislative (enacts local ordinances, regulations and policies), and administrative (prepares the budget, oversees all town expenditures, supervises town employees and controls town buildings and property). It also does work that is quasi-judicial–for example, it determines private rights when the town is laying out and reclassifying town highways.
Selectboard members want to hear from you. The sooner they hear from you about a problem, or the earlier in a decision-making process you offer your comments, the sooner a solution can be found. Selectboard members welcome your questions or concerns and encourage you to contact them by through the Selectboard Assistant during the day (Mondays – Thursdays) who staffs the office. Or you may contact Selectmen directly by phone, e-mail, or in person.
Selectboard agendas are posted in advance of all meetings on this website and at the Town Offices, the Sharon Trading Post, and the Sharon Post Office. You can request an agenda by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (802) 763-8268 ext. 4. To get a particular issue on the agenda, please contact the Selectboard Assistant at (802) 763-8268 ext. 4 or email@example.com.