Welcome! We hope this list is helpful. If you don’t see what you are looking for, please contact us. We are happy to help answer your questions!

Town Clerk’s Office

  1. How do I register my dog?
    • Dog registrations are handled by the Town Clerk’s Office.
    • All dogs and wolf-dog hybrids six months old or older are required to be registered on or before April 1st of each calendar year in accordance with Vermont State Statute.
    • You will need proof of current rabies vaccination in order to register your dog.
  2. How do I register to vote?
    • All elections are administered by the Town Clerk’s office. The Vermont Secretary of State’s website has information you need to register to vote.
    • To register in person, you will need to visit the Town Clerk’s office during business hours.
  3. How do I get certified copies of Vermont marriage, civil union, or divorce records?
  4. What are my options for trash and recycling?
  5. Does Sharon have digitized land records?
    • The Town Clerk’s office has been working hard to create access to digital land records through the COTT System. For more information, visit the Town Clerk’s page.


I have a Middle School/High School Student and we are residents of Sharon. Who do I contact about tuition payment for my Middle School or High School Student?

Owning Property

  1. I am thinking about purchasing land in Sharon. What should I do before I purchase property?
  2. I need to add a driveway to access my property. How do I get started?
  3. How do I establish an E911 Address if I don’t already have one assigned?
  4. What is the Town of Sharon Flood Hazard Bylaw and does it affect me?
  5. How do I get in touch with the Development Review Board?
    • The DRB administers Sharon’s Flood Hazard Regulations.
    • Initial inquiries pertaining to DRB business may be directed to the Planning Commission Assistant (802-763-8268 x 4) or planning@sharonvt.net
    • The Flood Hazard Bylaw Administrator, Geo Honigford, works directly with applicants seeking conditional use review and approval for development activities within regulated flood hazard areas. You can reach Geo at ninefingergeo@gmail.com or by calling 802-359-3027.
  6. I’d like to subdivide my property. How do I get started?
  7. What is the filing fee for a Survey Map (Mylar)?
    • The filing fee is $25.00 and needs to be completed with the Town Clerk during office hours.
  8. Why do I need to file a Homestead Declaration?
    • All property is considered nonhomestead, unless it is declared as a homestead. The education property tax rate levied on nonhomestead property differs from the rate levied on homestead property. It is your responsibility as the property owner to claim the property as a homestead if you meet, or expect to meet, the following requirements:
      • You are a Vermont resident
      • You own and occupy a homestead as your domicile as of April 1, 2023
    • If you think your property is within the definition of a Homestead, you should file a Homestead Declaration in accordance with state requirements.
    • For a video explaining how to file, click here.
  9. Click here to download the the HI-122 which allows your to submit your Homestead Declaration AND Property Tax Credit Claim and includes the required HI-144.
  10. For the State Education Property Tax Rates Table, click here


  1. Click here for a list of local businesses in and around Town.
    • If you would like your business to be included in this list or would like to update the information, feel free to contact the Selectboard Assistant at selectboard@sharonvt.net
  2. I have an issue I would like to bring before the Selectboard. How do I get that on the agenda?


How can I get involved in the Town as a volunteer?