FY25 Appropriations Requests

 24 VSA § 2691. Aid to social services for town residents

At a meeting duly warned for that purpose, a town or incorporated village may appropriate such sums of money as it deems necessary for the support of social service programs and facilities within that town for its residents. Social service programs, for which a town or incorporated village may appropriate sums of money, include: transportation, nutrition, medical, child care, and other rehabilitative services for persons with low incomes, elders, children, persons with disabilities, persons with a substance use disorder, and persons requiring employment to eliminate their need for public assistance. The authority herein granted is not in derogation of other local powers to allocate funds. (Added 1973, No. 177 (Adj. Sess.), § 2; amended 2005, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 56; 2013, No. 96 (Adj. Sess.), § 152.)

Due Date: Monday, November 6th, 2023

Contact: Nicola Shipman, Selectboard Assistant

Email: selectboard@sharonvt.net

  • To submit an appropriations request, please use this form provided: FY25 Appropriations Requests
  • If you are unable to complete the form, please contact me for assistance.
  • Alternatively, you may also make an appropriations request to be included on the ballot for Town Meeting by submitting a petition signed by 5% of registered voters. Please seek guidance from the Town Clerk’s Office in advance regarding the number of signatures required.
  • The deadline for submitting petitions to be included on the ballot for 2024 Town Meeting is January 18th, 2024.