Town of Sharon
Guidelines for Candidates and Campaign Workers
17 V.S.A. §2508
- REMINDER. SCHOOL IS IN SESSION MOST OF ELECTION DAY. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS.
- The Sharon Elementary School Gymnasium is considered the polling place.
- No campaigning or discussion of the election may take place inside the Sharon Elementary School Gymnasium.
- No campaign materials, including buttons, leaflets, or signs are permitted on or in the building. Voters may carry a small information card or list of candidates for their own use but may not show it to any other voter.
- On election only, one sign per candidate may be placed on the lawn of the Sharon Elementary School but must be removed the same day. Signs must be no larger than 2’ x 3’.
- No one may impede the progress of a voter. Candidates and/or campaign workers may stand outside the polling place but must NOT stand on the sidewalks leading to the polling place, or in the parking area. Candidates and/or campaign workers may be asked to remove their cars from the parking lot if the parking area becomes too congested.
- Poll watchers are permitted inside the polling place and must remain in the designated observation area (behind the guardrail). They must not interrupt the election officials or the election process. Observers are also free to watch the counting process.
- If you have any questions, please speak with the presiding officer (typically the Town Clerk).
Town Clerk, Sharon Vermont.