TOWN OF SHARON FY2024 TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS
Bills mailed to taxpayers mid-August 2023
Taxes are due on or before 6:00 PM on Due Dates Sept. 13, 2023, and Feb. 14, 2024
Office Hours for Tax Payments M-Th 8:30am -3:30pm, Special Hours 9/13/23 & 2/14/24 8am-6pm.
We offer several options for making tax payments and hope one will work well for you. Call Lucy Pierpont, Finance Manager, at 802-763-8268 ext 8 or Deb Jones, Treasurer, at ext 3 for tax payment information. You may also email Lucy at email@example.com or Deb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mail your check or money order and payment stub to Town of Sharon, PO Box 250, Sharon, VT 05065. If you include a self-addressed stamped envelope, we will return your payment stub. Payments must have a USPS postmark on or before the tax due date to prove they are on time.
- Use the Drop Box: You may use the side door Drop Box to drop a check or money order in a small envelope with parcel information (NOT CASH!) at the Town Offices at 15 School St by 6:00 PM on the Tax Due Dates or any day prior to the due date. If you include a self-addressed stamped envelope, we will return the stub from your bill as a receipt. Please DO NOT use the Ballot Drop Box.
- Auto Pay ACH Payment Option: You can submit a form to us two weeks BEFORE the tax due date to have your payment taken from your designated bank account on the tax due dates. This form with detailed information can be found on the back side of this page or online at net.
- Credit Card Online Payment Option from the Town of Sharon’s website at sharonvt.net: You can pay your taxes by using our online payment service with Municipay by clicking on the payment link on the TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS page on the Town’s website net. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Visa. For this service, the payment processing company will charge a minimum $3.00 fee for charges up to $113.00 and a 2.65% fee for charges over $113.00. Taxes are still due by 6pm Eastern Time on the tax due dates.
- Electronic Check (E-check) Online Payment Option from the Town of Sharon’s website at sharonvt.net: The Town of Sharon accepts electronic check payments using our online payment service on the TAX PAYMENT OPTIONS page at sharonvt.net. Payments will be charged to your bank account. You will need your 9-digit routing number as well as your bank account number. A service fee of $1.50 per transaction will be charged by Municipay, the payment processing company. Taxes are still due by 6pm Eastern Time on the tax due dates. IMPORTANT: Municipay assumes you’re making a credit card payment unless you select the tab that says “Pay with E-Check” versus the tab that says “Key Enter Card” on the 3rd page titled Products & Services. If the fee is more than $1.50, you are still in the credit card option. Call 763-8268 x8 for help.
- You may stop in at the Town Offices and make a payment in person M-Th between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm, special hours on tax due dates of 9/13/23 & 2/14/24 8am-6pm.
- If possible, please try to avoid waiting until the last minute to make your payment. Stuff happens.
Thank you for your support through your tax payments!
A few Special Notes: All Payments Should Include Your Parcel ID# (not the SPAN #).
The automatic ACH Debit Authorization Form for tax payments is on the reverse side of this page.
Please check your bill to make sure you have the correct status of homestead vs. non-homestead and if you received your expected State Payment credit per the letter you received from the VT Dept of Taxes.
New this year: FY2024 tax payments not made by Feb. 14, 2024 at 6pm will be subject to a 2% late fee (penalty) and must be paid by Feb. 28, 2024 to avoid another 6% late fee (penalty) added for a total of an 8% late fee. Taxes paid late for the Sept. 13, 2023 and the Feb. 14, 2024 due dates will be charged 1% interest per month until paid in full.