- July 30, 2018
- 3:00 pm
Town of Sharon, VT
Request for Proposal
Buildings Capital Improvement Plan
July 17, 2018
Professional Services Requested:
The Town of Sharon Selectboard seeks to engage the services of a qualified general contractor, building inspector, or other qualified individual to perform building assessments and to prepare a capital improvement plan for town-owned buildings. Contractor must demonstrate experience in and knowledge of commercial and/or historic building construction, inspections, or appraisals.
Work Completion Schedule: August-September 2018
Prepare/Submit Final CIP by October 1st, 2018
Building locations and square footages:
- 24 VT Rte. 132: Sharon Historical Society (The Green) – 1850 (1600 sf)
- 20 VT Rte. 132: The Gazebo (The Green) – c. 1933 (1086 sf)
- 69 VT Rte. 132: Sharon Town Offices – 1920 (2000 sf)
- 79 VT Rte. 132: Old School House – c. 1920 (4055 sf)
- 5114 Rte. 14: Baxter Library – 1928 (936 sf)
- 6754 Rte. 14: Sharon Town Garage – 1990 (3200 sf)
Detailed Scope of Work:
1) Meet with Town staff/research, compile information on building histories, energy audits, etc.
2) Conduct interior and exterior inspections of town-owned buildings including, but not limited to, foundations, ramps, walkways, walls, windows and doors, chimneys, roofing and eaves.
3) Assessments shall include all components of building shell and major systems (heating, plumbing, electrical)
4) Prepare draft capital improvement plan: Prioritize capital improvements based on public safety and preservation of critical structural elements. Include recommendations for capital improvements to be completed in <3 years, within 3 – 5 years; within 7 – 10 years. The CIP must describe work tasks, schedule, and cost estimates.
5) Meet with Selectboard to review and discuss draft CIP.
6) Make final revisions; submit final CIP.
Proposal Deadline: Bidders shall submit bid form no later than Monday, July 30th at 3PM to Sharon Selectboard, P.O. Box 250, 69 VT Rte. 132, Sharon, VT 05065. Bid form is available for download at www.sharonvt.net (home page) or via email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bids shall be valid for 30 days.
Proposal Review and Award Schedule:
- Bids due July 30, 2018
- Bid review/award August 6th Selectboard Meeting
The bid will be awarded based on qualifications, professional references, and proposed fees.
For more information about this solicitation, contact Selectboard Assistant Margy Becker, 802-763-8268 (x4) or email@example.com Mon-Thurs. 9AM – 4:30PM. The Sharon Selectboard reserves the right to reject any and all bids, if it deems it is in the public interest to do so.
To obtain bid form click here http://sharonvt.net/documents/building-assessments-and-cip-bid-form/